Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010..!!

Happy New Year everyone...! Yikes, it's been another couple of months since my last post. When I started my blog, I wanted to make weekly posts...that didn't quite happen. My best intentions didn't come to pass...kind of like what happens with most New Year's resolutions...we make them on January 1 and by January 15th....March 15th...maybe we make it a bit longer...but most times, we fall short of what it is we want to change. It maybe isn't because our desire to keep up changes, but life and job change and disrupt our routine and it gets harder to adjust.
2009 was a difficult year for a lot of people in the US and even around the world. We've seen huge economic changes that have altered the way we live and the way we view our lives and what's important and necessary in them.
Hurricane Katrina was another life altering point for me. I was out of work for 3 months and we were dealing with cleaning up our Coast and our own back yards. It was shortly there after that I realized that I wanted to turn my love for jewelry and jewelry making into something more. It has been one heck of a ride....one that is not over, by any means. I have come a long way in how I do business and how I make jewelry. I have made huge mistakes in business along the way and made great strides. 2009 was a huge test for my business. I am still standing.
I hope 2010 brings everyone lots of love, health and joy. I hope we all find what we need to live full lives with all our loved ones around us. Thank you for listening to my ramblings in 2009 and I hope you'll be back for another year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure hope that this new year brings nice changes for you! You deserve some good in your life.
ps. Don't worry I am bad about keeping up with my blog as well.