Monday, July 6, 2009

The Perfect Lightening Rod....



Happy 4th of July....! Before Katrina we had a very tall pair of pine trees in our backyard. We lost one and the other lost it's top. It almost looks like it is reaching out to the sky shaking it's fist for taking it's partner away. It was the perfect lightening rod this past Saturday.
I was hanging out that afternoon watching a movie Neil had rented for (about) me... "Confessions of a Shopaholic".
We have been needing rain...almost 30 days without it..when a storm rolled in. Ever since Katrina, our poor fur babies get traumatized every time they hear thunder. They start to quiver and shake and cling to my side. So picture this, I had 3 dogs glued to me when we heard this sonic boom and we all jumped a mile. I knew it had hit close. When I put my heart back into my chest...I got up to look and this is what I saw.
I guess it was only a matter of time until our perfect lightening rod was struck down. Not quite the fireworks I was anticipating on the 4th....

No comments: