Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Custom Lampwork Pieces

A couple of months ago I received 4 pretty lampwork beads from a customer of mine. She had picked them up at a local art show. She brought them to me and asked me to create something custom for her with them. Here are the results of that endeavor....


















I started with the bracelet. I loved the colors of these beads...chocolate and turquoise..yum...! I picked the one I wanted to use in the necklace and set it aside. The Mocca Swarovski color was a perfect match as was the Turquoise Swarovski. I decided to use Sterling silver links instead of stringing it on beading wire. It gave the bracelet more movement and all sides of the lampwork beads can be seen. I made the necklace a little more simple, I wanted it to compliment the bracelet, not compete with it.
I love doing custom work...! It challenges my creativity and lets me design using pieces that I don't have in my vast bead stash ( the fun part). It's an awesome feeling to know that I have customers out there who trust my design ability enough to create something for them from something they love...! If you have a focal or some beads that have been collecting dust that you've been waiting for an idea about what to do with them...drop me an email, I'd be glad to help as a consultant or a designer.

3 comments:

Dee said...

very nice!! I love the bead colors, you did a great job!

Caly's Jewelry Creations said...

Thanks Dee...!!!!!

Dee said...

Hey Dawn..You've been tagged!! visit my blog for details