Saturday, July 11, 2009

Butterfly or Moth...?


I got up yesterday morning with the intention of cutting back the massive amounts of Honeysuckle that is growing on the back corner of the house. It's something I have to do about twice a year. Yes, I planted it there, seemed like a great idea at the time. It was plant I had growing in a container at my last apartment, and well contained it was. Once it got into the ground...it let loose...!
Oh the fragrance of those Honeysuckle flowers....it is one of my favorites and usually one of the first bloomers of Spring. I will usually get another smaller bloom in the Fall, but we have been so lacking in water, I think the plant started rejoicing when we finally got a couple of good showers and blossomed a little.

So, back to the story..I went out yesterday morning with the intention of cutting it back before Fall...and what do I see...but this beautiful winged creature flitting from flower to flower collecting nectar. He/she stayed around long enough to go grab my camera and catch some pretty good photos (if I do say so myself) and to weaken my resolve to take down the plant...sigh. Maybe that's why that little bugger was there...to tell me it's just not the right time. He/she is a beauty though...! If anyone knows what kind of creature he is..please share your insight...my study of Lepidopterology is not what it used to be.

1 comment:

pRiYaN...! said...

life is beautiful like butterflies !

-bluffmaster

www.gr8bluffmaster.blogspot.com