Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall in the Air

This set is something a little different than what I normally do. This set is all Fall. The spacers reminded me of the color of tree bark and the czech beads are the colors of leaves and the darker muted sky colors that mean Fall is in the air.
Now that I'm living in the South, Fall is the season I miss the most. I miss the crackle of the leaves beneath my feet on a walk through the forest, the smell of the fresh air ( I know it sounds corny, but it does smell I tell you...clean and fresh and cool to your senses), the drop in temperature as the sun dips below the horizon and the sweet smell of logs on a fire...all remind me of a Wisconsin Fall.
We do get some of the bits and pieces of Autumn, but for us, they come about in December....just a few months later and don't last nearly as long.
Here's to home...!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Dawn
I love this set...!

K