Sunday, September 28, 2008

3 Dogs Beggin


Ok...so I have to give a plug to another endeavor or ours. 3 Dogs Beggin started about a year ago, shortly after the big pet food recall. Oprah...yes, Oprah had an episode about dogs and feeding them the raw diet. I pulled a couple of recipes from the internet and took them to Neil..significant other of 8 years, resident chef in the house and all around great guy. He scoffed...if it has anything to do with Oprah...scoff is immediate gut reaction. I tried to tell him about the benefits of making our own dog food and the cost effectiveness..all fell on deaf ears. Then, I find out the next day, he's been doing some research of his own, not when I was around...he wouldn't do that in front of me...I'm sure it was to prove the wrongness of Oprah. Much to my surprise, he agreed and decided to start making our own food. We use a really good dry, no binders and fillers and he makes a wet concoction of vegtables, brown rice and cooked ground beef. The dogs love it...!
I must add that 2 of our dogs will eat anything we put in front of them and have even been known to eat frozen blueberries..the other...not so much. We had a hard time getting him to eat what we put down for his "meal". Now....no problems...he must know that he's getting the "good stuff"
I guess this is getting a bit long, but making our own dog food naturally progressed into making their treats as well. The great thing is...we know exactly what is going into them...and it's all natural, with no preservatives and we don't have to worry about and additives that "accidently" got into what they eat.
And it was natural for me to start to sell them at my shows. The response was surprising....! Now, I sell them fulltime at the shows and even one of the galleries I work with carries them. I created a 3 Dogs Beggin Etsy shop to spread the news. How can we not do our best for our fur friends...?

1 comment:

Expressions By Devin said...

Good luck on your new shop.i have a dgo her name is lovie,She is the best dog every.i will have to come back to you shop around christmas time to buy her a gift.Thanks for sharing you blog with me.