Monday, February 2, 2009

Serena's Jewels

















These 2 stunners were donated by Lisa C, the owner of Serena's Jewels on Dauphin Island, AL. I met Lisa through one of my online yahoo groups. We got to meet last year when she came over for an Art Show in October. We have become fast friends. Not only is she a talented designer, she is a wonderful and fun person. I love hanging out with her. We took a shopping trip before Christmas to Bay St. Louis and perused some antique shops there. She taught me about vintage jewelry, which she has been collecting for about 20 years.
The necklace is made with copper colored freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals and a gorgeous milk glass focal. I love the combination of colors. These colors are hot, hot, hot...!!
The bracelet is a mixture of sterling silver, lampwork glass lentils and Swarovski crystals. It has a cute little pewter mermaid toggle clasp.
Both these pieces will be put up for auction on February 11th at the Mississippi National Golf Course. All proceeds will go Chris Murphy and his recovery.

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

I love that big aqua pendant!